A little history...
In 1946, Ken P. Simpson started Simpson's War Surplus store by selling war surplus out of the back of his pick-up. By 1978, Simpson's War Surplus, now called Simpson's Mercantile, with the help of sons Larry and Rick, had grown into the largest independently owned retail outlet in the state of Oklahoma.
Inventory included western wear, both men's and women's, work clothes, a saddle shop featuring 100 new and used saddles and a snow-ski shop. The western boot room carried 3,000 pairs of western boots and Simpsons's for many years was the number one Red Wing work boot dealer in the state.
Ken P. Simpson passed away in 2000 and Larry and Rick operated the business until 2006. With the movie business expanding and the need for interior movie sets growing the decision was made to close-out the mercantile store.
Today, it is the location of the Simpson's Old Time Museum and Skeleton Creek Productions.